AT LAST, THE CANADIAN BORDER IS OPEN AUGUST 9, 2021 TO U.S. TOURISTS!
ALL U.S. CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO RENTER THE U.S.A.
These days, traveling to Red Wing Lodge has a new twist to it!
Please make sure you bring YOUR OWN :
Hand soap, dish soap, bath soap
Hand cleaner, a mask, disinfecting wipes
Bring enough for your trip to Red Wing and to return home
To accelerate your border crossing be sure to use the Government’s ArriveCAN App (Apple App Store or Google App Store) or visit their web page at the:
A couple of hints for the ArriveCan webpage:
- If you make a mistake, you will have to start over. There is no way to save your current progress.
- There are two boxes for uploaded images of your vaccination status. You must upload an image to each box even if it is the same image that you used for vaccination one. Failure to do this will leave you on the last page (14) with no way to finish and no error message. You will need to start over.
- There is no process to upload your test results. You will need to bring paper copies of your test.
The app and website are free! Do not pay for this.
Please note that you cannot complete the required information unless you are arriving in the next 72 hours.
You must have the following:
- Have a negative test result less than 72 hours before arrival to customs. This must be an authorized PCR test, not an antigen test.
- Proof of your full vaccination from more than 2 weeks ago.
- Bring your receipt from filing the ArriveCAN app and paper copies of all required documents.
- Your PCR test must be completed no later than 72 hours before you cross the border and you have received your test result.
If you arrive without using ArriveCAN, you can still enter Canada but expect wait times to be unpredictable.
DISCLAIMER: This information is subject to change. For up to date information please see the Canada Border Services Agency website at:
Canada Border Services Agency